Thursday 10 October 2013

To further help me with my ideas and what my actual photographs will entail I have written a short synopsis that is a quick summary of my narrative. It includes a general overview of my motives and has helped me to imagine my photographs which will help me when it comes to shooting.


Synopsis
"My story only has one character and his identity is not a key element. The focus is more on him as a cog in the machine rather than an individual. He finds himself leading a dull routine lifestyle filled with work and menial tasks.
The story begins with him asleep, he is then woken by his morning alarm; time to get ready for work. The next shot moves onto work, he is clocking into the job he’s had for several years. Once he clocks on, robot mode engages and he becomes a part of the machine that is his work. He has his breaks during the day and then waits for the clock to advance to the time of the day where he is free. The story then moves on to him clocking out of work some time later. He is now free for the next few hours until it starts again. We see a few snippets of his evening routine in this time. The story advances and he is ready for bed and setting his morning alarm. This repeats every day of the week. Clocks and time rule his life. He is slowly loosing the human element and eventually the photos repeat so much that we are only shown the clocks in the photo and not the other elements of his life."
 

Feedback from Lawrence and my group was that I should maybe take out a few shots to simply things. It was picked up on that this may be a more effective way of getting my message across. Maybe starting my story with the image of the alarm, moving onto clocking into work and then I need to think of a way to show a large portion of time has passed without being literal and photographing a clock. I think the best thing for me to do is to photograph someone in a work environment and see if I can come up with anything that will be a good way of showing how mundane the job is and how much time has passed. I'm going to start some taking some photographs this weekend and at least get my start/end image and then build the story around that.


No comments:

Post a Comment