Tuesday 8 October 2013

Presentation

After being given my key word I was asked to prepare a short 10 minute presentation containing 3 ideas based around the word 'timepiece'. Initially I struggled quite a lot with this, I couldn't think of an idea that carried a half decent narrative while still involving the key word.

I spent a few days thinking about possible projects and I finally came up with my three. In all honesty I was set on an idea before the presentation and the other 2 ideas just didn't feel as strong. This was backed up in the feedback on my presentation but I was happy with this. After my presentation my group and Lawrence were very helpful in aiding me to advance my ideas. They asked questions such as why I have chosen to do a 'day in the life style' and I answered saying it's something I felt most people can relate to.










I have chosen to take forward my day in the life idea. I think this is the strongest out of the 3 and will identify with the audience much more than the others. I have tweaked the idea in my feedback session and I am now focusing on a persons job. The job rules there life and I want to show this through the use of my photographs. The initial image will be an alarm clock waking them up in the morning, the following image is them arriving into work and clocking in. They then clock out and the cycle starts again. The narrative is that this person is leading this life they don't really like, they have no time outside of work but work is all they know.



No comments:

Post a Comment